HIM

Sketched by Aayusa Dahal.
No, he isn't the "HIM" in this poem ;) 
In his embrace, I imagine myself
cuddled and comforted;
held so tight, no more demons to fight.
In the darkness he comes
and brings along
wonderful silences to accompany.
His lingering touch and playful eyes
spell a magic
that lasts for an eternity.

He reads my grief and sorrow
and very softly
promises me a better tomorrow.
“More is yet to come, less is what you’ve seen
but trust me,
strong is what you’ve always been.”
“Darkest of nights and strongest of storms,
it was only because of you
that I could overcome.”

All the days he’s there, and even the nights
as he comes
everything feels nice.
I know I haven’t actually met him yet
But we’ll soon;
After all, it’s never too late.
Call me crazy, call me mad
Or an insane too;
But I can always feel his presence, I know I do.


Comments